Insideinside’s python Minecraft Builder Bot is an amazing tool which will give you a helping hand with Classic Freebuild servers! This bot can cuboid, copy and paste selected areas (these “chunk” files save to your hard drive, meaning you can take your creations from one server to another!), backup and restore entire maps, and more!
The only thing you really need to make sure of once you install the bot is to create two text files within it’s directory, users.txt (which tells the bot who can control it, put your Minecraft username on the first line and any other friends who you would like to share it with on each line thereafter) and an info.txt with the following syntax on the first and only line:
username-password-serverhash (include the dashes, and that is your bot’s username and password as he’ll be the one logging in)
If you’re not sure what the hash of the Classic server you’d like to have the bot join is, it is the part of the server link in bold here:
The above example is to the Electronum Classic Freebuild server, it will be different for each server. Another file of interest is the config.py , which has 4 variables that allow you to modify several functions including the bot’s build speed (most servers will not allow anything lower than the default .1 , experiment at your own risk as your bot may be kicked or banned), whether or not the bot responds to your commands in public chat (this you may need for the first session to learn how to use him, afterwards you will want to make him quiet as not to disrupt other players regular chatting), the server’s valid block types, and the names you’d like to give them when interacting with Mr Roboto.
I’ll let Insideinside tell you the rest, please visit the official thread for download links and installation instructions.
Well, since kingnerd is being kingprocrastinator on releasing his bot, I figured I’d release mine.
This bot is meant either for helping with server administration (ie: backup/restore) or for personal use for accelerating & automating monotonous tasks (like digging holes) giving you more time to get creative.
Things the bot can do:
* Draw lines
* Draw cuboids (solid 2D or 3D areas). This means that you can draw cuboids out of blocks (ie: brick) or you can draw negative cuboids (ie: air) to flatten areas, etc.
* Copy & Paste 2D or 3D areas of the map from one part of the map to another, or due to how a chunk of the map is saved to your computer, to other servers.
* Backup & Restore parts of the map. You can selectively restore part of the map to say.. backup12, and then another part of the map to backup13.
* Sponge an area of the map by placing sponges every 5 blocks in 3 dimensions. Doesn’t work the best right now since it won’t place sponges inside of objects and so won’t completely erase all of the water. Works somewhat with .restore in that you first place sponges with .sponge and then .restore them away.
* Erase blocks of a certain type from an area. This is what I’m using to get rid of sponges at the moment if I don’t have an area .backup’d.
Long (9 minute) rambling video of me showing the features all the while spastically flailing the mouse around to induce seizures in the viewers. :
.copy @ 3:20
.paste @ 3:50
.backup @ 5:10
.restore @ 6:00
unflooding water & lava via .restore @ 6:40
Read the rest of this entry →